Sunday, August 19, 2012

Will Run... for Coffee

Oh yes, you heard right!

This morning 730 am on a Sunday morning I participated in the Java to Java 5k with Sarah & Rachel.


Got up at 6 to be out the door at 615 when Sarah arrived at my apt. We carpooled to the event. On the way there milestones were made:

1. I ate the breakfast of champions: kettle corn & pork jerky. I hadn't prepared & had a protein/banana from home. So I figured the kettle corn as my carb & sugar & jerky as protein. Like I said, bfast of champs.

2. Almost cracked a tooth + got busted: as I drove & ate, stuffing my face with carnival snacks, all while listening to SheDaisy <---- wow. I didn't know myspace still existed, I rolled my jaw whilst bitting down on the popcorn. Here's the got busted moment.
    • K: oh my gosh - this popcorn is amazing!
    • S: wow - i'm pretty impressed that you're eating that
    • K: rolled jaw
    • K: rolled down window, spit, spit, spit.
    • S: what are you doing?
    • K: I'm eating the breakfasts of champions! don't ruin my momentous victory over pre-racing food!
    • S: wow, sorry. I didn't mean to call you out on your ish. LOLOL
    • K: I rolled my jaw on the popcorn - don't notice the failure.
    • S: Didn't know you were trying to be stealth.
    • K: covers mouth, spit, spit, spit <---- that's me being stealth LOLOL
this is a true (in order of events) yet semi fictional 
(exact wording) story. i'm horrible at retelling stories - so take what you want from it. 

3. Drove to Del Oro park, by way of Clearwater & Dunedin. We drove 18 minutes out of the way of the race event location
4. Completed registration just when the blow horn blew. 
5. Had EIA attack @ Mile 2 = way better than last race. :( that I had an EIA attack
6. Shaved 10 minutes off my completion time :D
7. Had, what would equal to, 6 cups of coffee as a victory drink! (don't yell at me for drinking a dehydrant)

 .attempt #1 at running & taking pics.
 .attempt numero dos.
.sarah vb, me, & rachel s. = standing still

Completed in 47.43. 
Oh, and milestone #8: I am now a self-proclaimed Happiness Coach. You can pay me in coffee or actual money. 

xo, 


                                 

1 comment:

  1. The blurry photos actually look pretty artistic. The second one has a nice swirl to it. Just act like that was all part of the plan. You're totes creative. :-)

    Maybe Bravo will call you to work your Happiness Coach magic on one of the Real Housewives (please let it be Teresa)!

    ReplyDelete