Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Workout "Tunes"

Today I was scheduled for a 30 minute bike ride. I got in 4 miles if you were wondering ;-)

After pulling my bike from the back of my Jeep (Emily is her name - and no, I don't have a bike rack yet sigh) I readied my iPhone to monitor my time & GPS.

As with any workout, we all like to listen to music. Today was no different - I wanted tunes but couldn't decide what to listen to. And, after 30 more seconds of thought, I realized I hadn't gotten today's prayers in yet.

Last race (St. Pete Beach 5K - July 23) I ran with my friend Amy - we said the Rosary aloud. I used it as a pace setter. And it worked great too; until my EIA kicked in.

But.... no rosary today. I'm biking. So I turned on the good ol' Catholic radio app to see what they had playing.

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS. ding ding ding!! I was all over that! Being a convert & a sociology major emphasis in religion,  I love learning about my faith, growing stronger in it, and to remark on the college degree - I love learning about why people believe what they do. World religion + conversion is my fav. I could listen to people all day long. As I hustled up the hills on the trail - Catholic Answers Live came on. The 1 hour series is hosted by an assortment of people. Lay persons (not of religious community), priests, sisters, scientists, scholars, professors, etc. The show is remarkable! It's premise is that a caller can chime in about any question they have about Catholicism - either with intrigue about their own faith or in attempts to argue their beliefs against the Church. Aaannnddd - the most remarkable - they really mean open forum. You'd think that if they were trying to be bias, they'd only talk the calls from people who agree with the Church, host, etc. Oh no... they take the bashers too.

Here's a link to my favorite app: iCatholic Radio. Cleverly named Station of the Cross.


Note:: It's not just apologetics & call in radio. This app features EWTN Radio & Ave Maria Radio. During the day, they have prayers, bible study, apologetics, and other series.

Enjoy!

xo,


3 comments:

  1. The show yesterday specifically mentioned that Catholics were not allowed to call in; only those of other religions or those who were non-religious who had questions, which I thought was cool. I didn't pick up on that the last time I heard the show, so I'm not sure if the "Catholic Ban" is all the time or once in awhile, but either way, I learned something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that seems odd. Every time I listen they have people ask questions starting with "why do we...." Maybe it was just that topic? What topic was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an open forum, specifically asking non-Catholics to call in with their questions, concerns, frustrations about/with the Church. I guess the best way to sum it up is an Apologetics call-in show?

    ReplyDelete