Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Fruit of Perserverence

So the past 33 days - I spent my prayer time preparing for a Consecration to Jesus, through Mary.

It's a devotion to Jesus: learning more about Him, coming closer to Him, and giving more love & devotion to Him - all through His Mother. They call it a consecration because you make an oath you know, the God swearing kind. In the old testament - when you broke an oath, you died. Hard core - not a promise I say I'm going to do something, but I'm not binding myself to it. Not hard core.

I used an app on my phone. You know me & apps. It's called iPieta. The best $2.99 you'll spend as a Catholic with a smart phone.
Large side note: It has devotions, prayers, the Bible, all the encyclicals by all Popes, Catechism, Bible commentary, writing of the most well known saints, novenas, and a hell of a lot more. To find the Consecration online click here.

Back to my story.... so I spent the last 33 days doing these prayers. Most days, I didnt understand the commentary. Most days, it didn't register in my heart, what my meditations were trying to tell me. See, I'm a convert to Catholicism. I wasnt rasied with Mary though most Catholics dont really understand Mary anyways. I can explain Her, Her roles, Her virtues, Her everything because my brain gets it. But my heart didn't. And finally - on day 33 - we approached the explaination of the Tree of Life.

And then it clicked. see what perserverence gets you?!  I'll go into the Tree of Life at a later post. And if you're already in the know, then you know already :)

Today I made my Consecration prayers. I plan on getting a chain this upcoming week.

Dont think I'm pius. It only took me 8 years & 5 attempts to complete this devotional.
xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment