Friday, March 16, 2012

Random Facts. Random Fiction.

As some of you know - I am a scrapping queen. Ok. Used-to-be queen. I gave up my crown this past year in the move to Florida. Much of my life & art is seen on my other blog. Now, my kingdom of paper is laying dormant in boxes & piles. I haven't had the drive to pick up my art.

((sigh))

The move to Florida has been a life changer. 3000 miles will do that to a girl. Yes, I'm still surrounded by sun & sea - but my California blood misses Thai food, art hippies, LA markets, the 15 freeway, and yes of course - family. But as I keep from diving into the mourning of my native land, I still have so many familiar things here in Tampa.

Sun: it's always sunny in Florida (and Philadelphia).

Palm Trees: Having just bought one for my patio - it calls for partial shade. Can someone tell me why they frequent islands & tropical weather. That's not partial shade. That's full-blown sun people. I think the Wal-Mart garden center lied to me.

Jesus: He'll follow you where ever you go. He's like a stalker. But that's ok. Jesus is cool enough to be a stalker. I kind of like the attention.

Husband: He'll follow me where ever I go. But that's ok. He's also cool enough to be a stalker. Well, my stalker.

Coffee: as a Starbucks (from this moment forward, now known as Star) Gold Cardholder ((three times over)) I am known as a coffee monster. I think it is actually part of my bloodstream seeing the amount I put into my body on a daily basis. I've moved past 16 oz mugs. Pshaw. That's a weak man's size. I've upgraded to 36.

This blog will be dedicated to my little stories - most of which begin as memories in progess or conversation ramblings between friends.

Well. It's after midnight. I just finished baking 24 Irish Car Bomb cupcakes & 3 dozen cakepops for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. I just wrote my first post. I have to wake up in 8 hours to go into a ministry meeting. Oh yes, at the Library CoffeeHouse. I suggest the Cinnamon Bun latte, soy. No whip.

Night.




1 comment:

  1. Most excellent! Can't wait to see what other stories you post. "Jesus is cool enough to be a stalker"--lol! And, yes, He is. :-)

    ReplyDelete